November 24, 2018 By cloudnine
Eating fast food leads to infertility in women and hurts pregnancy
A couple getting consultation on infertility
Fertility, in simple terms, is the natural capability to produce an offspring. The ability to conceive is determined by various factors like age, genetics, medical issues etc.
Though few of these factors are beyond the control of an individual, certain factors which affect fertility (like lifestyle choices and diet) are well within one’s control.
To Consult: Best Fertility Specialist in Chennai
A sad woman thinking of her problem
Infertility is defined as the inability to get pregnant in spite of having carefully timed and unprotected sex for a year. Quite often, there are no additional symptoms of infertility besides the inability to conceive. Though there are various treatment methods like hormones, IVF (in vitro fertilization) etc. which help in dealing with infertility, it is far better to lower the risk of infertility in the first place by controlling certain risk factors of infertility.
There are certain factors which increase the risk of infertility in women. Some of these are:
- Age: age is one of the most important factors as the ability to conceive starts falling after mid-thirties.
- Smoking: smoking not only increases the risk of infertility but also increases the risk of pregnancy loss.
- Obesity: being obese or overweight also lowers the chances of conceiving.
- Alcohol: consumption of alcohol is also linked to infertility in women.
- Diet: lack of certain nutrients also makes it hard to conceive. Besides, women suffering from eating disorders are also at a higher risk of infertility.
- Environmental factors: exposure to certain chemicals or pollutants over a period of time also affects fertility.
- Stress: excessive stress, both physical and mental, can lead to infertility.
Fast food and fertility:
By looking at the risk factors, it is clearly evident that fast food can have a very negative impact on fertility. Regular consumption of fast food leads to obesity and makes the body devoid of certain essential nutrients, which makes it harder to conceive.
Modern research conducted on the topic supports the fact that women who consume fast food regularly take a longer time to conceive than those who do not. One such study was conducted on 5600 women by the University of Adelaide, and it was found that women who ate fast food regularly increased their risk of infertility from 8 percent to 16 percent.
Therefore, eating fast food even before conception can significantly affect fertility. Not only eating fast food increases the time taken to conceive, but it also puts the mother in a poorer health, which increases the risks of complications during pregnancy.
Fast food during pregnancy:
It is a clear fact that fast food consumption contributes to infertility. Besides, even after conception, fast food consumption during pregnancy can also pose certain risks like:
- Fast food during pregnancy increases the chances of genetic abnormalities.
- Increased risk of preterm labor.
- Increased risk of birth defects.
- Fast food can make the mother overweight and hence increase the risk of miscarriage and stillbirth.
- It can increase the risk of allergy and asthma in the baby.
- Increase the risk of gestational diabetes.
Infertility can be a very distressing condition for the couple, and at Cloudnine, we totally understand this fact and provide you with the best possible treatment. Our state-of-the-art equipment and highly qualified fertility experts leave no stone unturned to redress the issue of infertility. Cloudnine’s success rates are among the highest in the country and we provide you with the utmost care and assistance throughout this period.