June 25, 2019 By cloudnine
Strategies To Help A Couple Support Each Other When Struggling With
Dealing with issues in conceiving is much more challenging to cope with than meets the eye. It is a sensitive topic which should be handled with much care among couples and their families.
It is vital that couples understand how each of them is coping during this time, discuss their feelings, show admiration for each other, perform stress-busting activities, and make an effort to increase intimacy between each other.
Click Here To Consult the Best Fertility Specialist in Gurugram
List of things that a couple could do to cope up with issues of infertility
- Visiting the doctor for appointments together.
- A lot of emotional and mental stress comes along dealing with infertility.
- Women can feel their bodies have betrayed them if they aren’t able to conceive.
- Infertility can also make men believe that they aren’t as virile or ‘manly’.
- However, it’s essential for a couple to remember that they are together in this and shall overcome it.
- One of the most effective ways to do this is by going to every doctor’s appointment together.
- Even if both aren’t required, being there for each other will help them feel at ease.
A Coping Mechanism For Men And Women
- Men and women cope with the stress of infertility in different ways.
- Women feel better by talking about their pain
- Men, however, feel anxious about infertility as they tend to keep their emotions within themselves.
- The wife might feel that her husband is not interested due to that.
- Honest conversations and opening up to each other can help relieve some of the stress and planning coping methods together can help couples feel better.
Being Sensitive Towards the other While Discussing Issues Related To Infertility
- A lack of communication about infertility can lead to problems in a couple’s marriage.
- Hence honest conversations are crucial.
- it’s important that the couple is careful while using certain words
- Words that seem like accusations or are spoken in an abusive tone should never be used
You Would Also Like To Read: Things you Should know about infertility treatment
Releasing Stress Together
- Play fun activities together
- Spend more time with family and friends that’s understanding and welcoming and enjoy time with them
- Practice meditation & yoga together
- Practice deep breathing techniques
- Watch movies together
- Help each other cope with the issue
- Increase intimacy between each other
Couples might feel a lack of self-worth and self-esteem at this time. However, it is essential to remember that there is much more to life and that something like this should not stop them from living life.
Life is beautiful and full of opportunities each opportunity should be taken with zeal. It is believed that we get what we ask for; the universe makes it happen. If happiness is the goal, then it should never be doubted, and it will come with open arms.